Sunday 22 March 2015

Such frustration for one platinum trophy

As some of my friends know about me is that I enjoy getting every trophy in a game to get a platinum trophy. Now I have had friends who rip on me for saying it’s a waste of time and there really is no point in getting all the trophies at all. But to me I found it fun and challenging. As well as with the increase cost of games and me wanting to get the most out of the games I play and buy I feel like I may as well put in 100% effort in to doing everything that there is to possibly to do in getting a platinum.

Now I know there are those games that are basically impossible to platinum and to do some would take over 400hrs or more and a bunch of replays just to get trophies. I don’t like those kinds of games. The games I choose to platinum are the ones that I really do like and are in the realm of possibility to even fully complete.

OKAY! Sooo the game that I found to be the hardest platinum trophy to get is for the survival horror game “The Evil Within” now I have played games where it has taken me over 60hrs to get a platinum trophy but it was fun and simple. Here is a short trailer about The Evil Within

with the Evil Within it required 3 play through, which isn't so bad, Just had to speed run the game in under 5hours which I completed in less the 4 hours and just beating the game one a difficulty and getting every collectible and miscellaneous trophy which was kind of hard but was still do able. Managed to get every trophy I needed in about 28 hours. Which isn't so bad considering I really did love the game and I didn't want to put it down. Now you see those 28 hours of playing did not prepare me for the very last play through which required me to play on the hardest difficulty.

Now when I say I wasn’t prepared I truly do mean it. I felt mentally unprepared for all the frustration that was coming my way. In the hardest difficulty I already knew and understood that everything will one hit you and die and you will have to restart at the last check point. Which isn’t so bad. BUT what was so incredibly hard was that there was a bunch of enemies in places that they were never there before. On top of that there was next to no ammo. And due to having no ammo you can still stealth kill almost every enemy. BUT NOPE. Stealth felt basically broken. It felt like it would not work that way it was designed and I was constantly being spotted. And oh did I mention. All the enemies have double the health as well as being even faster than they were before.

That was just the tip of the ice berg for this dam game. There was traps placed everywhere in which there wasn’t before. I had memorized the game during my first couple of play throughs so I knew what wasn’t there and god dam there was so much traps in which never existed previously. See this is all just basic stuff which made me frustrated but there are chapters that are soul shattering. In the 6th chapter of the game you have to fight against 2 waves of enemies and it based on a timer. There’s no check point in-between. So I had to be perfect during both waves. This one single part of the game had me stuck for over 8 WHOLE HOURS. Yeah I was dyeing over and over again. I would spawn and hope I would get an axe thrown in my face and instantly die after a load screen which felt like for ever

I don’t even want to go into how much more this game mad me angry and how long I was stuck at different points in the game but thankfully I beat the dam game and got a platinum trophy. My final clear time was a joke. I beat the game in roughly 32 hours with over 750 deaths. But I did it and dam I couldn’t be more happier

No comments:

Post a Comment